Opening up more of nature for your biodiscovery

The OPE Group microbial cultivation technology is designed to accommodate undefined microbial communities. Cultivation of communities enables the inclusion of microbial species which are uncultivable in a conventional pure culture system. Most of biotechnology depends on the 1% of microbes that has been cultivated in the laboratory by humankind. The other 99% of microbes that are available throughout Earth’s biosphere, harbor information that has not been explored in a laboratory setting.

If you are looking for new microbes, compounds or pathways, OPE Group can provide you the means to explore microbial species that have never resided in you laboratory before. The interdependency of these microbes made them virtually impossible to study, until now!